St Austin’s offers pupils an array of enrichment activities to provide exciting, stimulating experiences that enhance our curriculum and children's individual learning.
- educational visits linked to class topics
- residential trips for Year 6
- trips to musical events, theatres , museums, libraries and galleries
- peer taught whole school events e.g. Science Club delivered by Year 6 to Year 2 pupils
- themed activity weeks
- visits to the school by performing arts groups
- invited speakers
- our pupils invited to present to other partnership schools
- events organised to support parents to help their child
- performance opportunities - musical, dramatic
- participation in Charitable activities
The Governing Body recognises the valuable contribution that a wide range of additional activities can make towards pupils' personal and social education. When additional activities are planned during school time, parents may be invited to make a voluntary contribution towards the cost. There will be no obligation to do so - however, the activity may be cancelled if voluntary contributions do not meet the cost of the activity.